Sunday, June 21, 2009

Wedding Album

Today was my sixth wedding anniversary. Six years folks! We have grown so much and learned so much more, but that is many other stories not to be told today. Today I wanted to show you something that means so very much to me.
A wedding album made for me by my grandmother out of the same material of my wedding dress.
It is embroidered with our wedding date and edged with a matching gold cord and best of all filled with all of our special memories from that day.

How cute was TJ as a little buckaroo. Also you can see our wedding announcement from the local paper which comes out only once a week.


Here's our invitations. We saved money and had a family member take our pictures. I was going for an antique feel. This is the one thing that I look back and wish I had done a little different. Especially when I see all the really great invitations that our friends send out now.
The rest will have to wait for another day.



But back to this. I am so grateful to have such an amazing gift that brings a smile to my face every time I see it. It reminds me of my grandma, her creativity, her love, my wedding day, that fabric...I searched everywhere for the perfect fabric and after I did she went back to the store and bought the very last piece. It makes me think of being young and in love, and how I felt as I attempted to plan every perfect detail of what I thought was the most important day of my life...but it was only the beginning.

1 comment:

  1. hi stacie, wow!! I should of had my box of kleenexs. When i made this for you, I made it with my heart. There is nothing that makes me happier than to know you love it. You are an amazing granddaughter. Much love, Grandma Miranda... Happy 6th Anniversary

    ReplyDelete